hi guys ....pls i wanted knowing ...if i buy a book on windows server 2008R2 /2012.....and am using windows server 2008.....will ther be any issues

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Code concepts and services are generally the same. However the 2012 interface is very different. If you are interested in learning about 2012, you should download a trial copy, get familiar until you can get a good 2012 book.

You can use a 2008 book for the concepts.

commented: is ther any good book u could refere me to get........at amazon or any other website +0

For Windows 2008 R2, I personally like this book...overall its good. good reviews by others and cost effective:
Windows Server 2008 R2 Unleashed

Now, for Server 2012, they are just starting to have books available...Unfortunately, I didnt think the Windows Server 2012 Unleased book is as good as the 2008 R2.

Take a look at the reviews for the various Server 2012 books on Amazon.

I dont want to give you a specific recommendation for 2012 because I just havent found that "got to have" book as of yet. The "Introducing Windows Server 2012" is free for the Kindle, and I skimmed through the "Inside and Out" book briefly. Its OK.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.