please help.so i have my dhcp on my server 2008. and i want to block these IPs 172.31.0.0/22. how to block those ips

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

What do you mean by block those IPs? Please clarify

the instruction given to me is not detailed. its just i must block those ip addresses using DHCP role in windows 2008

So I didn't realize this was homework ...

I'd be willing to help clarify something for you if you get stuck but im not doing your work. I still do not understand the issue based on your description. You'll need to go back to get more information.

Maybe he means Create the Scope and then add in exclusion of ranges within the scope?

i know about ip exclusion. what i mean how to block ip i selected. i can't contact my professor to ask other details aabout blocking those ip.

what i mean how to block ip i selected.

There is no built-in mechanism for DHCP to block IPs. However, what CimmerianX suggested is a form of "blocking" IPs depending on the context. However, you indicated that this is not what you are looking for. There must be something else related to this requirement. We would need more information about this "blocking" requirement as it does not related to DHCP. The main purpose of DHCP is to issue IP leases, not to block them.

i can't contact my professor to ask other details aabout blocking those ip.

If you can not contact the professor, what is the point in having one? That sounds like an odd type of learning environment.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.