Hi All,

I'm looking for some assitance in binding (or joining) Active Directory to an Open Directory Master.. We are a Mac based company with mostly all Mac OS servers, however our accounts server runs Windows. We are in the process of upgrading our accounting software onto a new WIndows 2008 R2 server with SQL and I would like the authentication for AFP/SMB etc to come from my OD server. So far I have hit a brick wall and am hoping someone here might be able to assist. System setups below

Accounts Server - Windows Server 2008 R2
Directory Server - Mountain Lion Server

Thanks in advance,

gn0m3

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

in binding (or joining) Active Directory to an Open Directory Master

So, based on your description, it appears what you are really looking for is to create a kerberos trust relationship between the two directories so that you can authenticate in one directory and access resources in the other. Unfortunately, I do not have experience in this type of configuration, but I wanted to provide some input and guidance as this may help you reach the next step.

Thanks for coming back with that info JorgeM. I'll look into it further!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.