Hope some of you experts can solve this annoying problem i've had for the last 6 months. All the sites visited EVER! Still appear in the drop-down list on the address bar. I'm using windows vista home premium & the firefox browser. I've delete them manually from the list but they reappear immediately. Using 'tool' & 'options' makes no difference either. I've downloaded 'hide unvisited add-on' but that makes no difference either.

Cookies & saved passwords & other stuff delete. It's just the drop-down list on the address bar that won't go away. Only a few of the list have a star next to them & i gather that these are permanent? & are not the ones in question. However, all my previous favorites originally from Internet Explorer are all to be found under the 'bookmark' bar, along with all the rest. There seems nowhere else to keep them & not purposely bookmarked at all. Besides, firefox imported most of the list itself from IE & placed them all there.

6 months ago when i chose to delete private data the list used to clear apart from the starred ones but now they all remain!. I've uninstalled firefox & reinstalled it but the problem remained. (But i didn't tick the box that said "forget about your personal settings & favorites" (or something like that), which seemed unecessary? Any ideas? Cheers.

Oh forgot to mention, no matter how many days i choose to save history, the history folder always remains empty. Btw i've no viruses, trojan's or spyware on PC.

Cozzy

I feel such an idiot now because i've solved it by ticking the box that gets rid of your personal settings etc. Then re-installed firefox browser and didn't lose anything i could notice apart from pride & due to the fact no settings had been modified.cusomised in the 1st place. The url list clears now as it should, just leaving a few bookmarks. Also, the list clears manually, (individually), if needed. No way could i clear them before & couldn't even find the list in the registry. The history folder is now working too. I used CCcleaner since the 1st post here & although it claimed it was erasing browsing history, form data etc from firefox, it didn't do! Still, that seems a nifty little program.

Into History..Show all History..Unsorted Bookmarks and delete whatever from there...That's how I deleted unwanted URL.

Microsoft Internet Explorer users
Viewing address bar history
Internet Explorer users can view the address bar history by clicking the down arrow on the far right side of the text box.
Deleting address bar history
Users can delete the address bar history by clearing their history on their browser.

Mozilla Firefox users
Mozilla Firefox users can view the location bar history by clicking the down arrow on the far right side of the text box.
Mozilla Firefox 1.0 users can clear their history by clicking the "Tools" menu, "Options", clicking the "Privacy" button, and under "History" click the "Clear" button.

Netscape users
Viewing location bar history
Netscape users can view the location bar history by clicking the down arrow on the far right side of the text box.
Deleting location bar history
Netscape users can delete their history files by clicking the "Edit" menu, "Preferences", "History", and click the "Clear Location Bar" button.

Opera users
Opera users can view the location bar history by clicking the down arrow on the far right side of the text box.
Opera users can delete their history by clicking the File menu, Preferences, History, and click the clear button next to Typed in.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.