Hi to everyone!

I'm new on the forum, I'm posting a new thread so I can get some help with my printer.

I bought not long ago an HP CP1515n http://www.informatica-i7store.com/productos/scanner-printer-hp-impresora-escaner/Informatica-HP-COLOR-LASERJET-CP1515N-943TGQ0.php and It's impossible to make it work with windows 7.

I tried the original drivers, and nothing I get an error.
I tried the original drivers in compatibility mode (windows xp sp2) and nothing the same error.

I tried the ones for vista in HP website.
I tried the generic ones but I can't make the printer, print in color. And I can't get the scanner to work...

HP says on their website that they'll have support late on November... but I think it's going to be longer... so meanwhile if somebody had this problem and fix it... please tell me...

Carla

Hello Carla,

Try this, if you haven't already;

1. Disconnect the printer from your PC.
2. Remove/Uninstall all printer drivers/software from your PC.
3. You might have to manually remove any HP folders in "C:\Program Files"
4. Reboot your PC to the "Desktop" and then Shut it down.
5. With the PC off, reconnect the printer and turn the PC On.
6. When Windows has loaded and your at the "Desktop" turn the printer "On", Windows 7 should recognize the printer and install the drivers for it.

Now, if that doesn't work try this;

1. You can't use the CD that came with the printer, O/S not supported it says, as you've probably discovered.
2. Download the Vista drivers i.e. 32bit or 64bit version you're running from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&lang=en&product=3422468&, you might want to download the Windows 7 drivers also.
3. Right click on the driver and extract the driver to a folder or Desktop.
4. Then go to devices and printers click add printer.
5. Then add your printer manually.
6. Click "Have Disk" for the driver - point it to the folder you extracted the driver to.
7. Print a test page to make sure all is good!

If your using the USB connection don't connect the printer! You need to install the printer 1st by LPT1 so that the driver is on PC. Then connect the usb cable. it will then find the CP1515n dPCL6 driver.

Hope that helps...

Don

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.