hi people...
i got a laptop which using vista ultimate...
this vista ultimate anyway is not the original onewhich i installed it
by myself using the cd that i bought..

I just wanna ask do i need to make the cd recovery??

because i actually not really understand about what the cd recovery really is...could somenone explain it to me??

what i knew,we use the cd recovery when our computer got problem right??
but why dont just format the computer and install the windows again??I could just make that right???

thank you....

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

A Recovery disk simply restores the OS to a basic install or in many cases to the original manufacturers factory settings.
However, as you suggest,you can use the Vista install DVD to perform a "clean" installation.
This would probably be the better option.

Hi,
Most laptops come with a recovery CD that when you have a problem you can restore the it to the original state. That is, everything is wiped and whatever was supplied by the manufacturer will be reinstalled.
This is now not applicable to you. You have installed a new OS (Vista ultimate) and you have the installation disc.
That disc can be used to repair Vista if it gets damaged. Look at this site for information...
http://ezinearticles.com/?Windows-Vista-Repair&id=485947
assuming that everything is OK for you at this time, you do not have to do anything. If Vista plays up, you can use your CD to repair or to do a clean install.
If you want to know anything about this sort of subject again just go to Google.com, type in what you want to know and you will get many sites to look at.

erm....so..
the "cd recovery" or the "OS installation disk" is better actually???
do i still need to make the cd recovery?

erm....so..
the "cd recovery" or the "OS installation disk" is better actually???
do i still need to make the cd recovery?

you bought a laptop with windows installed ,then you we and bought another copy of window and install it ,not using the orignal windows ,so the recovery cd you would make are of no use to you as you are not using that version any more ,so no you don't need to make the recovery disk ,unless you think you want to some day go back to the windows that was on the laptop when you bought it .
Edit : actually i don't think you would even be able to make the recovery's any more now that you installed a different Vista

oh.....ok...
no i could already be able to understand it...

Thank you guys... :)

oh.....ok...
no i could already be able to understand it...

Thank you guys... :)

Hi,
I hope that you are saying that you do understand..if so please mark this thread as solved.
On behalf of the other helpers and myself, you are welcome and we are happy to assist.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.