Hey everyone, our office recently purchased a Dell XPS 13 for one of our employees. It is a high end Core 2 Duo 2.66 with 4GB of RAM and a NVIDIA Hybrid SLI. It originally came with Vista Home Premium but I did a clean install to Windows 7 Pro. I went ahead and installed the required programs for day to day usage and the startup was clocked at 5.5 mins! It hangs at the Please Wait screen before displaying the login page and once the user logs in it stays at the Welcome screen for quite a while as well. I have disabled all startup items and startup time WAS normal. However when I tried going through the list and disabling and restarting to find the culprit I wound up going through the whole list and the startup was still slow? Help? Startup programs are Kaspersky A/V, NVIDIA SLI, LogMeIn, and Facial Recognition software. Ideas? I'm stumped
Thanks,
Daniel

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have disabled all startup items and startup time WAS normal.

ok normal when you turn them off

disabling and restarting to find the culprit I wound up going through the whole list and the startup was still slow?l

so one of them had to make it go slow again ,
would the last one that you turned back on before the reboot that was slow

Do you know how to run HijackThis on your unit? Send me the log result if it's okay with you.

"Cogito. Ergo, sum..."

Check the System Log in Event Viewer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.