My PC[Locally assembled Quad Core- 2 X 2GB RAM - 2 X 250GB HDD] loaded with the OS, "Windows Vista" was upgraded to "Windows 7" and was working well. Meanwhile, I felt that my Altec Lansing's 5 in 1 speaker is not functioning fully. To correct this, I have downloaded all the driver software available with the "Realtek" site one by one and tested. This testing was continuing for days and while it was going on, the system began to slow down in performance. And one day, it refused to start. Repairing with the Original Installation disk too failed. Then I have tried, (i) Active Boot Dist, (ii) Windows7 recovery disk etc. too. Finally I have used the Paragon Partition Manager 9 and de-fragmented all the partitions. When that too did not work, I have formatted the partitions with Partition Manager and re-installed the Windows 7 with the original disc. The result was still negative. Then again the partition was formatted and installed the "Vista". Still the system could not be started. The Screen appearing is read as given below:
Windows Boot Manager
----------------------------
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your Computer.
2. Choose your language & then click "next".
3. Click "Repair your computer".
If you do not have this disc, contact your system adminisstrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.
File: \Boot\CD
Status 0 x c000000f
Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.
Enter: Continue Esc: Exit
Everything appeared on the screen was tried several times, but in vain. Lastly, using the Partition Manager, the boot parameters were repaired and tried again. Still on booting, the same screen appears.

Anybody, please lend a helping hand!

Hi,
I am sorry as I don't fully understand what you have done with the partitioning.
Try, using another machine, download UBCD program (see my signature) make a CD and boot your computer with that. then repartition with "Ranish Partition Manager", check you disk with "Checkdisk" (both included in program) and then reboot and try to install 7 again with your OS DVD.

The Ultimate Boot CD for Windowsis the single most amazing disk I've ever seen. It's like having a spare hard drive fully loaded with WindowsXP and drivers, plus hardware diagnostics and software utilities such as malware and anti-virus scanners. According its website, the "Ultimate Boot CD for Windows is a bootable recovery CD that contains software used for repairing, restoring, or diagnosing almost any computer problem. The goal of the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows is to be the most complete and easy-to-use free computer diagnostic tool available."

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.