I have a simple online credit application where customers put in their credit related data, i.e. Name, Address, SS #, Birthday, etc.

I have to use another program to pull credit that requires me to input all that info.

So currently I get my online app screen up and have to print it. Then manually type all the data into the second application.

Is there a program that anyone knows of that I can use to map the data from one to another by clicking a button or something?

Thanks so much for you help!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It sounds like pretty much any Scripting Language could do this task easily. I just started learning scripting languages though, so. . I digress. Either way though, this question would be better suited for the Computer Science forum, or you could go ahead and post it in one of the Web development forums where you'd get a faster, better answer.

The first question to answer is if there is an "official" way to get data into the second application (an API of some kind). If the answer is no, then you will need to automate the filling of the form for the second application. One way to possibly do this is the Snoopy class. I did some searching and found it. The link is below. I haven't used it myself but I'm going to do a bit of experimenting. You can also do it yourself using the PHP HTTP functions.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/snoopy/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.