Everytime I plug a device into a USB port on my laptop I get the following error"This device cannot start Code 10".I've tried updating the driver but it says I have the latest version.This only been happening for the last week,before that it was fine.Should I try uninstalling every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers hardware category in Device Manager as part of a driver reinstall.If so is it a matter of uninstalling them in device manager and restarting to reinstall them.I'm running Windows 7 pro 64 bit

Everytime I plug a device into a USB port on my laptop I get the following error"This device cannot start Code 10".I've tried updating the driver but it says I have the latest version.This only been happening for the last week,before that it was fine.Should I try uninstalling every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers hardware category in Device Manager as part of a driver reinstall.If so is it a matter of uninstalling them in device manager and restarting to reinstall them.I'm running Windows 7 pro 64 bit

I had this error while attempting to read a usb flash drive. Try this, go to control panel, administrative tools, computer management, Disc management and see if your drive is present. Mine was but without an assigned drive letter. Find your drive, right click, you should have a menu box and one of the selections will be change/assign drive letter. Enter a drive letter and you should be good to go. One last step, the system may ask for you to restart the computer, if it does, preform the restart. That's it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.