Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right section to post in or if anyone can help me with this problem but any help would be greatly appreciated

So I have an original xbox that has been softmodded and is currently being used to watch divx/.avi movies and tv shows via burned dvds. I was wondering if there was any way for me to connect the xbox to my laptop and read the movies off the laptop through an ethernet connection directly from the computer to the xbox. I'm pretty sure it would be possible if I connected the xbox directly to my router and then did it wirelessly but my router is quite a distance away and is not possible for the xbox to reach it. I don't know if that was a clear enough description or if it can even be done but again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou, lvlik3

seems to me you should be asking you question on a modded xbox forum
i cant imagin this working .
"I'm pretty sure it would be possible if I connected the xbox directly to my router and then did it wirelessly "

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.