I recently had a virus on my machine. When I purchased the machine it came with the option to rollback to XP which I did. Since then Win 7 has been released. So when I wiped my computer I installed Win 7 Ultimate, 64 bit version. My system is AMD Dual Core 4450B 2.3 ghz, 3 gb ram. Since the wipe and reinstall, I've been experiencing some freezing, restarting, and most recently the following...I've attempted to access the .dmp file and been repeatedly given access denied errors. I opened a command prompt as administrator and entered net user administrator:yes but am still denied access. That aside, I'm trying to figure out what my computer doesn't like about this install. Any help would be appreciated. If you tell me how to change permissions so I can access the .dmp file I will happily upload it to here.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80045310E0
BCP2: FFFFF88003E4D7E0
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 000000000000000D
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\072910-17472-01.dmp
C:\Users\Parents\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-68812-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I read about a similar experience on a new system. Although the BSOD ID was different I think it may be similar.
Here's a couple of things to try.
See of there's an ACPI Setting in the BIOS that isn't on or not set properly.
Disable the onboard audio if one exists OR disable the two Windows Audio Services(Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder)

My system would crash if I set the screen saver to the photo selection or if I started a photo slide show within the Media Viewer.

I corrected my issue by turning on the ACPI 2.0 in the BIOS as it was disabled on mine by default. There were two options for my BIOS, ACPI and ACPI 2.0. ACPI(non 2.0) was on by default but not the 2.0

Hope that helps

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.