Upon turning on my Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 OS I get the following error.

"Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Session manager initialization system process
terminated unexpectedly with a status of
0xc0000022 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down."

Since then the system will not start in any of the options available when F8 is press (safe mode, last good....none of them).
The system automatic recovery does not work either,

Any ideas on helping me resolve this please.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Case like this I will check the RAM module. Take out 1 piece at at time to check. Hope this help.

It could also be hard disk failure to boot. (have you tried any other boot type cd disk
M

Case like this I will check the RAM module. Take out 1 piece at at time to check. Hope this help.

Thanks for the tip. Tried it and still no go.

if you cant boot from another boot cd (linux type or original win cd)it is a serious hardware fault
M

if you cant boot from another boot cd (linux type or original win cd)it is a serious hardware fault
M

I am fairly comfortable with much of the troubleshooting techniques and what I have found after scanning the HD is none of the sectors are reporting any damages and the scan ran and not report any errors.

Second, I am able to get into CMD and navigate my files (meaning I can see them) and found that the C:\ drive and its contents are in tact. Opening task manager allows me even a better glance of the files (which gives me some comfort).

Third when using Linux based boot disk KNOPPIX to boot the system, it boots like a charm although, I am able to see all my files, change and navigate them KNOPPIX uses open source editors OPEN OFFICE. The challenge here would be to burn the files I need when booted and then proceed to reload |Win7 but there is one problem. The Linux based boot disk boots the system live and must remain in the DVD drive as long as the system is running so I cannot burn any files.

I am left with why is it the scans run ok on the drive, I can boot with the Linux based CD and I am able to see my data but Win7 wont boot with its own win7 disk??? I would prefer the lesser of reloading my entire system if there is a trick out there to resolve blue screen error in Win7 thanks.

try to pull out your HD then clean it with the smooth brush then pull it back... hope it work's!!!!

coming back,
if you use the linux cd and then try to open the MBR (master bbot record ) file at he beginning of the hard disk does it compare with the details as given in microsdoft help or Google. If unable to open or the details are widely different this will prevent the machine booting to windows. As you can see the files using linux cd, there does not appear to be any basic fault with the electronics of the computer or the electronics of the hard disk;

I suspect that a complete format and reinstall will correct the problem.(you can save the data using linux and an external HD or memory stick
M

try to pull out your HD then clean it with the smooth brush then pull it back... hope it work's!!!!

I had tried that as well and was a no-go. Thanks for the suggestion.

coming back,
if you use the linux cd and then try to open the MBR (master bbot record ) file at he beginning of the hard disk does it compare with the details as given in microsdoft help or Google. If unable to open or the details are widely different this will prevent the machine booting to windows. As you can see the files using linux cd, there does not appear to be any basic fault with the electronics of the computer or the electronics of the hard disk;

I suspect that a complete format and reinstall will correct the problem.(you can save the data using linux and an external HD or memory stick
M

Scary thing happened during my search of my HD that I forgot to mention earlier. I did look for my MBR and it was not found...I am certain I did not intentionally delete it so I was at a losss and is one of the reason I sought online help. I any event MJDodd, it appeared the only soultion is yours. I will go out do do what I tried to avoid all this time and bite the bullet and BUY me a shiny new HD. I can see and access all my data. My USB connections are all active and I will process to copy my files and do a reload.

Thanks, and I am confident this is will be the resolution since I cannot recover the Windows 7 restart electronically, program or otherwise.

PROBLEM SOLVED AND THANKS ALL - GO Linux Knoppix GO!!!.

Upon turning on my Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 OS I get the following error.

"Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Session manager initialization system process
terminated unexpectedly with a status of
0xc0000022 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down."

Since then the system will not start in any of the options available when F8 is press (safe mode, last good....none of them).
The system automatic recovery does not work either,

Any ideas on helping me resolve this please.

I am fairly comfortable with much of the troubleshooting techniques and what I have found after scanning the HD is none of the sectors are reporting any damages and the scan ran and not report any errors.

Second, I am able to get into CMD and navigate my files (meaning I can see them) and found that the C:\ drive and its contents are in tact. Opening task manager allows me even a better glance of the files (which gives me some comfort).

Third when using Linux based boot disk KNOPPIX to boot the system, it boots like a charm although, I am able to see all my files, change and navigate them KNOPPIX uses open source editors OPEN OFFICE. The challenge here would be to burn the files I need when booted and then proceed to reload |Win7 but there is one problem. The Linux based boot disk boots the system live and must remain in the DVD drive as long as the system is running so I cannot burn any files."dich cong chung, cong ty dich thuat"
Thanks

Sounds like a corrupted mbr if you haven't already wiped it give this a shot.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4836283_repair-mbr-windows.html

This might have been useful had I seen it before reloading my entire system. I used "bootrec /fixmbr" "bootrec /fixboot" and these types of repair technique to fix boot and eaxh time the system return process completed successfully. Regardless of these exercises the system still failed to boot.

I shall keep this in my archive although I do not intent to go through a similar problem any time soon. A couple days ago I booted with the Linux Knoppix CD and copied all that was needed to save ALL my files to an external HD and that strategy worked fine.

Thanks again Zelkea.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.