Hello all.

I am receiving Bluescreens when I boot my PC up, randomly one of the 3 above. This is not every time I boot the system, but at least 70% of the time.

This started when I installed a new graphics card into the PC (ATI HD5770), so my first assumption would be that this is causing the problem.
However, I would like to call on the community here and see if there are any solutions I can try myself to get this working, or if I should get on the blower to the retailer and seek a replacement card.

I have updated the drivers for the card to the newest ones available on ATI's website, I have also updated windows and the problem still occurs.
My other reason for suspecting the Graphics Card/driver would be that the system will boot into Safe Mode, although once in Safe Mode the system will generally boot to windows (a few exceptions) if I select restart. So mainly the problem is only happening on a 'cold boot'.

Any suggestions? Would it be worth calling ATI, any suggestions appreciated :)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What version of windows do you have? Did you remove the driver and software for your old card before installing the new one?

Windows 7 Home Premium, all software and drivers from the old card were removed.

Have also reinstalled Windows which has not helped.

What power supply unit have you got? Is it up to running the card?

i googled those stop errors and got some fun info. exact search terms were "(address) stop error" and "(address) address". the (address) = 0x7e, 0x50, 0x19 one at a time

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.