something weird have recently happened to my pc,
2 days ago when i opened my pc i opened google chrome .... it didn't open any website neither firefox,opera,IE9 opened anywebsite.
but what is strange is that it's written that there is internet access so i said maybe there are problems with browsers.
i opened the cmd and typed ping google.com but it didn't work.

but a program called xfire had access to internet.moreover a game called call of duty 4 also had access to internet.
but what is even stranger is that xfire has some ads in it, the ads didn't open, an icon in the position of the advertisement said that it didn't open due to connection error.

further info:
it all started when i changed my isp internet connection was really slow so i returned to my first isp again, the first day there was no internet the second day internet was back but only for xfire and call of duty.
checked firewall no problems in it.
other pcs in network have no problems
oh and another thing i think that this happen because i open xfire and call of duty all the time.

any help plz i really want to know wats happening to my pc.

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

Hi
I had the same problem.
After a lot of surfing and a lot of reading, The only thing that works was to define a new user.
Don't know why but it's worked for me...

Have you gone to Internet Explorer and done, Tool > Internet Options > Connections > Lan setting's and made sure it is not set to Proxy.

If it is, it means, you have Spyware/Malware on your system.

You can also remove IE and reinstall it, as Internet settings rely on it.

Let us know how you get on.

Follow Bal advise. It is the best. Try doing a full scan first. Second, you say other pcs can connect to internet and browse the web, are you sure yout pc is the only one affected? Have you change any browser settings, but i doubt it since all your browsers are affected. What have you been doing with your pc. Did you download any applications recently?

Follow Bal advise. It is the best. Try doing a full scan first. Second, you say other pcs can connect to internet and browse the web, are you sure yout pc is the only one affected? Have you change any browser settings, but i doubt it since all your browsers are affected. What have you been doing with your pc. Did you download any applications recently?

Subscribing to this thread. As Jingda said, And Bal, above.

Have you tried to "ping" any standard websites, to chck if the http protocol is working OK on your PC?

start menu-run
"cmd.exe"
in the box, type
ping www.google.com

if you get all kinds of numbers back, the ones you are looking for say
"reply from (numbers) time=xxx"
and
" (0% loss)"

then all is probably well with your internet, and it is definitively a browser issue, which indicates malware interference.

check the proxy, scan your PC.

thanks all for help, i will try your suggestion bal.

i knew what was wrong,
i used a wrong dns because i was changing my isp a couple of times lately
xfire and cod4 don't use dns that's y they were working.
thanks everybody for your help

Close the thread please, if all working.

how to close the thread?
and what does closing the thread mean?
no one can post reply
or no one can find this thread?

Hi

At bottom of the topic/thread, I think it says, Has this thread been solved?
You click on it.

how to close the thread?
and what does closing the thread mean?
no one can post reply
or no one can find this thread?

people will still be able to see and reply to it [something I'd like to see changed ],it just means its been resolved,

caperjack

Totally agree, either needs a topic lock at least for the Orig Poster, so only they can lock the topic after it been solved.

I have seen here and in many places I belong, people responding to 2 year old threads.

With Service Pack's everythign changes in a year or less, so same solution's are always a hit and miss, as they could be due to updates.

2 yr old threads,your being generous,lol

Why isn't this thread still not mark as solved?

Only Mods can close threads and it generally against Daniwebs policy to do so, so please stop asking for threads to be closed.

Only Mods can close threads and it generally against Daniwebs policy to do so, so please stop asking for threads to be closed.

most other forums i go on its also the work of mods to move poster who hijack these old post ,and move them to a thread of there own in the correct category ,we must need more mods!

Maybe I'm going silly, but this thread is only just over a week old and I do not see where it has been hijaked?

Crunchie

Really?
So why is there an option to say somethign like ( Has thei Thread been SOlved) then you click on it????

Unless the poster does it, it won't be classed as solved

y are you all replying to my thread????? i will close it right away

Crunchie

Really?
So why is there an option to say somethign like ( Has thei Thread been SOlved) then you click on it????

Unless the poster does it, it won't be classed as solved

'Closed' and 'Solved' are two different things :).

Crunchie

Confusing ;)

Eitherway it not showing solved or closed

Sorry Buba, was makign sure people knew yoru issue was SOlved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.