Hello,

I have the Win7 task scheduler set to run an exe application at a certain time every day. At that time, the program opens up and begins. It runs into trouble when it needs to download data over the internet. The data never gets downloaded and after about a minute I get an error indicating that the download file operation has timed out. This happens whether or not the computer has been idling or is in use. I never receive this error when I manually start the program. Thanks for any help! This has been driving me nuts for a little while now.

Jared

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Can you get onto the internet and download files or apps and confirm whether it is a networking issue. If nothing happens, somethings is wrong with the application. I need to know the name of the application?

Yes, the internet/network still works. The application is just a console application that I created in VB.NET. It errors out using this object:

My.Computer.Network.DownloadFile(strWeatherURL, strSavePath)

Would it be an application problem if the application runs properly when it is manually started - double clicking on the exe?

Thanks!

Can you get onto the internet and download files or apps and confirm whether it is a networking issue. If nothing happens, somethings is wrong with the application. I need to know the name of the application?

Since the app you created was in vb.net, you should post in the vb.net forum located under software development Posters there will be able to help you out. Good luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.