My computer has recently been crashing to BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) very often.

I looked up the TCPIP.SYS error that came up and saw that I should reinstall my ethernet slot drivers. I tried that but it didn't work.

I have attached the last 6 dmp files from the minidump folder.

I am running windows 7 ultimate.

Help much appreciated!

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

I need to know if you're using a desktop or a laptop and some specs that might help.

first thing first, do you use your ethernet port often? if not, just disable it under device manager and use other means of internet access unless you're using a desktop.

I need to know if you're using a desktop or a laptop and some specs that might help.

first thing first, do you use your ethernet port often? if not, just disable it under device manager and use other means of internet access unless you're using a desktop.

It's a desktop and it's been overclocked to 4.60GHz.

Its specs are:

Unfortunately to access the internet I do need to use my Ethernet port.

Where is the specs?
Give your computer specs on Brand, windows version, model, motherboard model, RAM as such.

Alternatively you can download this software Speccy, install it and post it's information here. I don't mind either as attachment or zip files.

I need this to find the right driver for you to download although you have tried reinstalling drivers.

Computer is home built.

Windows 7 Ultimate
Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHz overclocked at 4.60 GHz
Asus Motherboard - cannot remember which, will get back to you a bit later when I have access to my computer.

Thanks.

Where is the specs?
Give your computer specs on Brand, windows version, model, motherboard model, RAM as such.

Alternatively you can download this software Speccy, install it and post it's information here. I don't mind either as attachment or zip files.

I need this to find the right driver for you to download although you have tried reinstalling drivers.

Thanks a lot - I've run Speccy but it didn't work but I can give you what it would have:
Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHz overclocked at 4.60 GHz
Asus P8P67 Deluxe Motherboard
4GB RAM
OcUK GeForce GTX 570 1280MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Optical drive: HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

This is the network thing it did get though:
Network
You are connected to the internet
Connected through Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection
IP Address 192.168.1.70
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway server 192.168.1.254
Preferred DNS server 192.168.1.254
DHCP Enabled
DHCP server 192.168.1.254
External IP Address 86.177.101.92
Adapter Type Ethernet
NetBIOS over TCP/IP Enabled via DHCP
NETBIOS Node Type Hybrid node
Link Speed 0 kbps
Computer Name
Remote Desktop
WinInet Info
LAN Connection
Local system uses a local area network to connect to the Internet
Local system has RAS to connect to the Internet
Wi-Fi Info
WinHTTPInfo
WinHTTPSessionProxyType No proxy
Session Proxy
Session Proxy Bypass
Connect Retries 5
Connect Timeout 60000
HTTP Version HTTP 1.1
Max Connects Per 1.0 Servers INFINITE
Max Connects Per Servers INFINITE
Max HTTP automatic redirects 10
Max HTTP status continue 10
Send Timeout 30000
IEProxy Auto Detect No
IEProxy Auto Config
IEProxy
IEProxy Bypass
Default Proxy Config Access Type No proxy
Default Config Proxy
Default Config Proxy Bypass
Sharing and Discovery
Adapters List
Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection
IP Address 192.168.1.70
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway server 192.168.1.254
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
IP Address 0.0.0.0
Subnet mask 0.0.0.0
Gateway server 0.0.0.0

And peripherals
Peripherals
HID Keyboard Device
Device Kind Keyboard
Device Name HID Keyboard Device
Vendor Logitech
Location USB Input Device
Driver
Date 6-21-2006
Version 6.1.7601.17514
File C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\kbdhid.sys
File C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\kbdclass.sys
HID-compliant mouse
Device Kind Mouse
Device Name HID-compliant mouse
Vendor Logitech
Location USB Input Device
Driver
Date 6-21-2006
Version 6.1.7600.16385
File C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\mouhid.sys
File C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\mouclass.sys

By the way - I have tried updating my ethernet port drivers but they are apparently the best version.

Sorry if you want the speccy file it's attached to this.

Download from HERE

Download the latest one (16.5) from there and installed it. It should solve the problem for your BSOD. If not, you could need to install the previous driver (16.4).

Don't be mistaken for 32-bit and 64-bit. Yours are 64-bit so download the 64-bit driver version.

Thanks for posting speccy although I forgot to tell you to save it as text only since saving with snapshot only reveal your windows version and audio devices...

:(

Didn't work...

I'll work on this somehow and find the solution for you but it'll take time. hope you can wait for my replies...

**Update**

by the way... did you try using other accounts? If not, try create new user account (it doesn't have to be admin or anything, just for testing purpose) and login into that account. See if BSOD still happens...

Still happens :(

Okay try this just to confirm your ethernet card that cause the problem. Simple open 'Device Manager' and disable network drivers, not uninstall. Then just use your computer if the problem still occurs. If this still happen, then something else that cause the problem.

Don't worry, we can do this slowly to pinpoint the problem.

My computer has recently been crashing to BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) very often.

I looked up the TCPIP.SYS error that came up and saw that I should reinstall my ethernet slot drivers. I tried that but it didn't work.

I have attached the last 6 dmp files from the minidump folder.

I am running windows 7 ultimate.

Help much appreciated!

some of the dmp files are from last year.most if not all refer to network adapter/driver.some web sites i checked suggest a bad network device or bad driver ,you updated the driver and are still having same problem ,i would if it were mine ,i would buy a new adapter ,and try it ,for what they are worth it would be a small price to pay to fix an annoying problem .

files shown to cause problem are these 3 and at least one more that i forgot to write down .
iastor.sys
tcpip.sys
netio.sys

Yeah it still fails with ethernet slots disabled. I have tried updating drivers and reinstalling them etc...didn't work either, so another TCPIP.sys related problem? :(

the same TCPIP.sys BSOD? Maybe it's not related to drivers at all. Did you have any programs that control networking or downloading?

try ro repair your windows 7 system... to clear the dll error and install back the driver... make sure to back up all the important data you have...hope it works....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.