I'm working on a Gateway NV series laptop with driver problems. It shows four different drivers as having problems in Device Manager, and reinstalling the drivers doesn't help. It shows the error "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" for the optical drive, and I cannot burn a disk in the drive. It also shows the error "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" for the Microsoft ISATAP Adapter, Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3, and Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter. I've tried both updating and removing and reinstalling drivers, and still get the same errors. McAfee, AVG, and MBAB all report the system as being clean. Any idea where I should go from here? If any additional information is needed, let me know whats needed.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I've tried both updating and removing and reinstalling drivers, and still get the same errors

how did you update the drivers ,did you go to Gateway web site and search your model and download the drivers from there

No drivers for the problem components on Gateway's site; they're all provided by Windows. I really don't think there is a driver problem; I suspect a virus of some sort, but I can't find it.

what is the exact model number of the laptop .should be on back on a sticker .

did you scan computer with any malware/trojan remover tools ,a good one is found at www.malwarebytes.com ,download the trial version ,do a full scan,when done click show results /fix selected ,it will create a log ,you can copy & paste the log back here if you wish we can have a look see .

McAfee, AVG, and MBAB all report the system as being clean.

As I said in the original post, its already been scanned with two different virus scans, and MBAM. If you'd like a copy of the MBAM log, or a HJT log, I'll post it. The exact model of the laptop in question is NV7310u.

there is no NV7310u listedoo the usa site,any chance it was purchased in another country , post both logs please

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.