Ok so I installed windows 7 on my laptop, a Sony Vaio laptop. But I don't have any drivers like graphic driver and audio drivers. Where can I find these, links to pages would be helpfull. Ooo and my laptop model number is: VCPYB35AG and it is a Y series.

Thanks....

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Sony are notoriously bad for drivers! If your laptop was sold with XP or Vista then you will most likely only find XP or Vista drivers for it.
I have put 7 on a few Sony's for customers and it is always a nightmare to find drivers. For your webcam (if it has one) you will most likely have to get a driver from Acer as an example.

[Edit]
The drivers you need are here - http://www.sony.co.id/support/product/vpcyb35ag/download

Sony are notoriously bad for drivers! If your laptop was sold with XP or Vista then you will most likely only find XP or Vista drivers for it.
I have put 7 on a few Sony's for customers and it is always a nightmare to find drivers.

100% agree with you on that.

I HAVE PUT IN THAT MODEL NUMBER but it says that is not valid, and that is the only number that I have. Were can I find out my number?

Yhanks...

Examples of VAIO model names are::

VGC-LV17G
VPCZ139GA
VGN-SZ583N

They are found near the edge of the VAIO screen

ok mine aint near the screen, it is on a sticker on the back and on my laptops box.

The only 2 number are this: VPCYB35AG and PCG-31311W

If you check out the link I supplies a few posts ago it will take you to the correct drivers for your machine!!!

ok mine aint near the screen, it is on a sticker on the back and on my laptops box.

The only 2 number are this: VPCYB35AG and PCG-31311W

that the number in the link in RIK,S post above , you have a numper typo in you first post

Exactly caperjack. Google told me that the C and the P were the wrong way round in the first post.

Thanks RIC FROM RCE I didn't se that post, I am downloading my drivers as we I am typing.

Thanks everyone for your help...

Please mark as solved.

No problem! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.