After the Automatic Update my machine stopped working.Monitor doesn't get any signal from the computer and the computer makes all the noises but doesn't start.The Moniter displays NO Signal and I tried it already so many times.I tried pressing F8 etc but didn't help,please anybody out there who can guide me.I will appriciate it.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

When you power up, do you at least see the Power On Self Test (POST) or other Motherboard booting process information. If so, have you tried to boot into Windows Safe Mode?

first post says they tried f8 and it didn't work , i would try removing the power source from the computer /hold in the power button for about 1 minute to drain all power from the tower [if it a laptop remove power cord and battery ] plug it back in see if any changes

There may be another help in that if you could boot from a linux or mulitboot type boot disk (you may need to change the bios settings) and then see if you can access the boot.log file and that will tell you at what point in the process it stopped.
Another thought might be to p^ress the F5 key and it will lead you through some of the start up (pressing F5 repeatedly) until you find the culprit.
M

The machine goes on with the poer light,no lightn on the keyboard and nothing underneath the mouse and Moniter says No Signal..

so did you try removing the power like i suggested in my last post ???????????????????????

I did but nothing changed.

just do it with you courage

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.