Please how do i really hide the system reserved partition in windows 7 without any harm to my system.
And i want to know what hiding a Drive's letter imply.
Please!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi,

My name is Deepa and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. First of all, I would like to suggest you one thing that unless we are not sure enough, we should not make any changes any changes in Operating System. The second most important thing that we need to take care is the data should be backed up properly. I would also like to share the steps to change the drive letters and they are as follows:-

right click on computers
go to manage and then disk management
right click on the displayed reserved partition on the right side
click change drive letter/path, highlight the chosen driver letter and click remove
in some cases you may get error, once the drive letter is removed the partition is not shown
system reserved is already hidden

NOTE
We should engage in this activity only if we are positive. We can’t hide drive letters only we change it.

In order to help you better please let me know the model number of your system.

For further help please reply.

Thanks and Regards
Dell_Deepa_R
Dell Social Media Responder
SNIP

Thanks for your help. But i want to find out what hiding a partition's drive letter actually means.
I'm using HP pavilion dv5 2231nr.

Many users want their data to be unavailable to any other person that has access to the same computer. To prevent accessing personal data there are so many ways: simply hide the files and folders, encrypt data, use password protected accounts or move data on a removable media.
A good privacy solution would be hiding the partition that holds the incriminatory data. Data that you don't want to be accessible for the curious eyes.

hiding a partition's drive letter

i dont have an but there are answer on the net through google .here
and here a bunch more good luck hope you find your answer

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.