Plz someone help. I have a sony vaio and has stopped loading and every time i go to repair it. it dosent load and when it does it just searches for promblems and other else it stays like that for hours. i have even tryed to start it in all the safe mode and doesnt load it just takes me back to the start. i dont have the recovery C.ds

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Which model Sony Vaio, and which Operating System, please?

Do you know how to press F8 as the computer is booting, (starting up) and when you do this a menu appears, yes?

Choose the option that says, "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure"

This will not fix the problem, but instead of Windows automatically restarting, a blue screen with a message. What we need you to tell us is the "Stop Code". This code will help us to identify what may be causing the fault.

Its a sony vaio vpceb3f4e and the OS is a windows 7.

Yes the menu appears when pressing F8

i have been trying to use the F8 and F10 put it dosent load all the way or it just gos to a blue sreen the STOP 0x000000ED (0XFFFFFA80044FA50, 0XFFFFFFFFC0000185, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)

When i try to recover it comes up with file missing.

Please follow these instructions:

To recover from the recovery area
**  On models with the ASSIST button**
- Press the ASSIST button while your computer is off to launch VAIO Care Rescue.
- Click Start recovery wizard.

To perform the custom recovery, select Tools and click Start advanced recovery wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.

**  On models without the ASSIST button**
- Turn on your computer and press the F10 key several times before the VAIO logo screen disappears. If the Edit Boot Options window is displayed, press the Enter key.
- Select Start recovery wizard.

To perform the custom recovery, select Tools and click Start advanced recovery wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions

These instructions were taken from the [manual for your laptop](ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/manuals/RecoTS/2010Q3_TRG_EN.pdf).

I would caution the OP that a system RECOVERY, on most systems, puts the device back to the way it was when it came out of the factory. Even systems that indicate that ur stuff won't be touched r not to be trusted. That means there will be NONE of your stuff left on the computer. Before you do that U may want to remove the HDD and connect it as an external device to another computer. It is likely that it will be mounted and u will be able to retrieve ur stuff before doing a recovery operation.

If u have ANY system disc of the same version - probably Windows 7 Home Premium OEM - you can try to do a repair install or an upgrade install. That process will simply try to repair the OS and does not do a clean install. However, if u push the wrong buttons u can do a clean install.

I would caution the OP that a system RECOVERY, on most systems, puts the device back to the way it was when it came out of the factory

I've just up-voted your post because that's a significant point, thanks ruggb.

As you can see my post has turned into a fiasco, it just wouldn't go through, and look how it's turned out?! I always make introductory comments on what to expect from my suggestion, and with trying to work out why my post was looking like a dogs dinner, I hadn't realised that I had missed off part of a paragraph in my copy & paste alterations.

I am having the exact same problem except my stop code is....(0XFFFFFA80031FCB20, 0XFFFFFFFFC0000185, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)WHEN i try to go to system recovery or even vaio recovery it comes up a blue screen and thats it, it just stops...please help me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.