Hello,

So I have been searching the internet for an answer to this. I know it is possible but everything i have found says otherwise. I want to set up a windows account that will accept 2 different passwords.

I have seen this in person work but do not know how. Lots of posts i have found have people complaining about how there is no point but i have to disagree.

So if anyone can explain to me how to do this i would appreciate it.

Nick

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

This is the first time I've heard of this and I myself don't think it's practical. I'm saying this not because I think it's impossible to do but rather it would break the main purpose of having a Password in the first place. I can imagine a number of inconsistencies that will occur if this was the case.

Please provide additional information to clarify this. I've been working with Microsoft networking since '96, and never heard of an account with two passwords. Passwords are typically stored as a hash value in the security account manager database. I don't see how it would be possible.

Are you sure you are not confused with a situation like have the same user ID created on a. Local computer and having that same user ID as a domain account?

No , it dont be possible for having two passwords for one accout.I heared for the first time this.

Regards.
Andy.

Jorge I am sure its not having the same ID's for a local and domain account. I think what i saw was something different but seemed like there were two passwords for the same windows 7 account. Is there a way to somehow have multiple accounts sharing the same filesystem, desktop and other settings?

I think what i saw was something different but seemed like there were two passwords for the same windows 7 account. Is there a way to somehow have multiple accounts sharing the same filesystem, desktop and other settings?

it is not possible with windows never was possible to my knowledge. .it isn't even logical ,what would be the point in have 2 different passwords to the same acct , if it was just going to acces the same filesystem, desktop and other settings

Is there a way to somehow have multiple accounts sharing the same filesystem, desktop and other settings?

It is possible for multiple accounts to share the same profile but that's not practical, nor would this be a common implementation since the purpose of a profile is to create an Independent storage of user settings.

With regards to sharing of file system, all users that access the same volume share the same file system. If the file system is an NTFS file system, you can manage who has access to what by assigning permissions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.