There's a .mkv movie that woked fine on my computer and played, but when I put it on my desktop it crashed windows explorer constantly. Even when I restared it straight away says windows explorer has crashed. How do i fix it?

Start System Restore from a command prompt

You can start System Restore from a command prompt window if you can't start your computer in any mode other than safe mode with command prompt.

Start your computer in safe mode with command prompt. For more information, see Start your computer in safe mode.

At the command prompt, type rstrui.exe, and then press ENTER. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Note

If you use System Restore when the computer is in safe mode, you can't undo the restore operation. However, you can run System Restore again and choose a different restore point if one exists.

be carefull when doing this ask a techy friend for help to do this
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm this is a web site for how to access it for all versions of windows good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.