I recently had to format my computer after a hard drive problem. I reinstalled windows on a different hard drive and now when I try to use Ventrilo or have my Sound panel open to the recording device tab, the sound on my system is sped up and skips a little bit. This problem only occurs when I either have ventrilo open or the sound panel open to the recording device tab. I've tried reinstalling drivers but I haven't had any luck.

I cannot figure out the problem and I haven't found anything online about it, so I'm coming here for help.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hello,

Can you provide a little more information?
What version of windows are you running?
DO you show any problem devices in Device Manager?
what sould device are you using (built in, expansion card, etc.)?

What version of windows are you running?
Windows 7

DO you show any problem devices in Device Manager?
Serial ATA Controller under other devices doesn't have a driver, when I try to automatically update it, it says Windows cannot find a driver for it.

what sould device are you using (built in, expansion card, etc.)?
I'm using an expansion card for my audio, BUT I have to use my front panel microphone jack because my expansions card won't detect my microphone.

It sounds like you are still a few drivers off from a complete install. Other drivers may look like they are installed, but in reality they may only be using a Windows half-job driver.

If this computer is branded, which make and model is it please? If it is one you built yourself, or had built for you, we need to know the accurate make and model of the motherboard.

I have an alienware computer, model Area 51.

alright good call, i went to their website and got the right drivers and im no longer having a problem

There may be a problem with RAM, so you strat the bios menu testing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.