Hi, I have a an "inland PCI Express Expansion Card 2-Port USB 3.0" installed onto my motherboard. I reformatted and have a fresh copy of Windows 7 on it. I also have Ubuntu on my other partition. Devices attached to the usb 3 ports were all working before the reformat, and it works on Ubuntu as well. But after my reformat, I installed my drivers and I can't seem to get it working. I can't find the exact driver for my product. I THINK there was a CD for it, but I don't remember, nor could I find one. I tried installing basic drivers for my motherboard, which is an Asrock z77 Extreme4. But I still can't seem to get it to recognize any of my devices. Everything works fine when I'm on my linux partition though. If anyone can point me to the right driver, it would be much appreciated. I can't find it anywhere.

Also, my other USB ports are working.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

This board may need a driver from the board manufacturer. Check on their web site.

Like I said, I couldn't find it. I was hoping there would be some other driver for another board that would work with it.

Seeing that island[i googled that] is who you bought it from and not who made it .there must numbers on the devices board to help in the search for drivers,care to share all or any of the numbers that appear on the board

There are a few details I need before I can really give you a solid answer.
1. Are you running 32bit or 64 bit windows?
2. Are there any devices disabled or with an exclimation point in the device manager?
3. Your card is a "inland PCI Express Expansion Card 2-Port USB 3.0" Correct?
Take the card out of your machine and get the numbers that are actually on the card. If you can take a photo and add it I will see what I can do to find it for you.

Additionally you can try going to the card's properties in the device manager, you can go the driver tab and click the update driver button. Click the Search automatically for updated driver software button and see if it is out on Windows Update.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.