Hello,

I've encountered this problem with my PC recently. It randomly crashes from time to time (about 0 - 3 times a day). The crash can appear as following - the BSOD, a simple blank black screen, or a black screen that says "a disk read error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart". I already checked the HDD, no bad blocks and the SMART data shows Ok. Where should I look for the next issue?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

In the Windows startup options screen ( http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode#1TC=windows-7 )set the system so that it does not automatically restart upon errors such as BSOD. Then next time, give the error code so displayed. Likely there will be a faulting process listed also.
If you often get "a black screen that says "a disk read error occurred"" then it could be a cabling issue, or still a hdd fault, or a driver problem. Are you using AHCI or Raid?

You may want to check your memory module. That may also be the cause of BSOD.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.