Hi can any one help me with this? I experienced this before even during Win XP days. Now itback again in my Win7 ulti 64bit. Usually happens on Java and adobe LR installers n the likes. Im not that good with technicalities, hope fully a basic n idot proof fix. Thanks!!!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I do come across this with some packages as they do not like to be run from network drives or other non-local drives. Copy the utility to a local folder on the local hard disk and then try to run it, then it should install ok.

I've never seen this error message myself, but try re-downloading the file, maybe from a different source, tweaking compatibility options, running it as administrator, or even taking ownership of the installer file.

anyone??? I even tried to run it as administrator but still no luck

i used win7 for years and never got that problem so i can't help much by experience but i did some quick googling.

i found this youtube video. according to the comments some of them got the problem some of them didn't maybe you'll be lucky?

i also came across the winxp forum for this problem and apparently .msi is corrupted/damaged.

some people posted on win7 forum about this problem but as usual some works some dont. Hopefully out of the many soultions given one will work for you.

Good Luck!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.