I have just installed node.js. When I open the cmd, I type "node -v" and the correct version appears, but when I type "rpm -v" appears the following message "rpm is not recognized as an internal or external command.". When this message appeared a little time ago, my professor was with me and edited the environment variables, but I don't remember what was the name of the variable and the address that he typed

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello,

Your going to have to find out where the rpm (or rpm.exe) file is installed on your system and either use the full path or add the path to the location to the PATH variable in your system for your user.

The messsage "rpm is not recognized as an internal or external command." was because I have typed wrong. It was npm -v. Thanks for the answer.

Makes sense. I was wondering what rpm was doing on a Windows system. It is normally part of the Linux OS and is used for installing packages.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.