I have a Macgo Mac Blu-ray Player with $39.95. I wondered your guys are using Blu-ray Player on Mac or PC.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Not ever! Blu-ray is heavily DRM encumbered, and every purchase of a drive and/or disc puts $$ in Sony's pocket, who I will NEVER again support! Stick with DVD's. Yes, BR can provide higher resolution, but not enough to justify Sony's egregios anti-consumer behavior! 720p (DVD quality) is pretty darned good, even on HD TVs. So, just say NO!

My reason for this? Some years ago Sony delivered CD albums infected with a rootkit that bricked and/or infected millions of computers. Did they every pay compensation for this? No. Did they ever apologize? No. As far as I'm concerned, hacking Sony is a public service... :-(

Did Blu ray player so cheap? I always think it must be $100 more. So I Barely play Blu ray disc on my PC. Will try Macgo. Thanks!

Again, I ask you to NOT purchase ANY BR device or disc! Sony doesn't diserve a penny of our hard-earned $$!

I agree rubberman

Yes, I watch blu-ray movies with a blu-ray drive and a blu-ray player software.

No I'd Rather stick to my normal LG CD Drive Rather than blueray

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.