I need to open this pptx-file. Can anyone help me with that?
Made in Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 and cannot been seen or open with any applications...
If it can't be open, how can I fix the file.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

But you can try if this helps:
1. Copy your PPTX file, and paste it any other folder.
2. Rename your file so that the PPTX file is now renamed ZIP -- accept any warnings that Windows provides.
3. Look at the files within the ZIP file if they contain any data you want.

if you can't open it with powerpoint 10 or later, the file is corrupt and quite possibly impossible to recover.
You can open it in a text editor and see if you can make sense of it (pptx files are XML, but hardly human readable).

Here's a long shot. Was this PPT file sent through e-mail? There is a security feature that some e-mail clients/servers has that automatically protects attachments from being opened.

Save the file and then right-click over it to open the File Properties. Then click on the Unblock button as shown on the attached image.

Then, go to format -> slide design, choose to show all documents, and choose the corrupt powerpoint file. now, go to insert -> slides from file, and select the corrupt powerpoint file. make sure you are set to insert all slides, and then import. if that works, great! i suspect, however, that you might crash at that point. if so, try repeating the process, inserting specific slides one by one until you find the problem one. after that, save the file, making sure that fast saves are off (in preferences / save).
if you are unable to open your powerpoint files then try pptx viewer tool. this utility recovers your corrupt and damaged powerpoint presentations (.ppt, .pot, .pps, pptx and ppsx formats) from ms powerpoint files.
http://www.reddit.com/r/powerpoint/comments/368noy/i_want_to_open_powerpoint_presentation/

He has obviously forbidden this topic.
I bet he doesnt have MS office and thinks it's made by office 2010 cos of the extension.

Anyway, for those who don't have ms office and need to open point points, you can import them to google drive and convert to google slides. Then you'll have it and be able to edit it as well

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.