Hey guys, I reset my router and modem. Then I tried accessing my router through 192.168.1.1 and it doesn't go through. My internet works fine, and the speed is good but I wanna open up my ports.

My IP Address is 10.0.0.1 according to my ipconfig. Which is weird because it's usually 192.168.1.x

Thank you for any help you guys can give.

The router is a Netgear WGT624v3.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Assuming you're using XP:
Open Network Connections --> Right click on your connection (e.g. Lan or Wireless, whichever is connected) --> Status --> Support.

The IP Address listed after 'Default Gateway' will be that of your router.

By the looks of it, if you've just reset your router, then you will have an open wireless connection. Set the encryption or you won't be the only one using your connection.

I fixed it. I forced the router to rest (only way is to pull the plug.) That's the reason it was 10.0.0.1 it reset everything. I had to log into the router by of 10.0.0.1. The conventional methods of 192.168.1.1 didn't work because I didn't realize that the default gateway = the router access number.
Thank you very much for you help. Next time I'll just reset it through the software, not the hardware.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.