Hey
so I'm pretty computer unsavvy, I'm in my house in the middle of nowhere accessing my router via satellite internet connection, and now I find that my router is nowhere and I'm using an unidentified network. I do have access to the satellite connection across the street? So maybe it's defaulting to that one, but my router isn't even available. I have an hp pavilion dv6636 laptop with vista and amd, and I don't know how to find my router and override the other network.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If your connected to your own network and have internet access, then there is no problem.

Windows Vista sometimes cannot resolve the Identifier (SSID - name of the computer or router). This has been addressed in the release of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1).

thanks
i figured out that if i click on connect/disconnect, it will allow me to choose my router which is my default. i think the unidentified router is my neighbors - which i have access to - and for some reason when i am range it defaults to his router. i have very limited range to across the street however, thus lies the problem.
thanks for the response

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.