Hope someone can help me with this,

I just done a complete wipe of my hard drive and re loaded windows xp pro. Trouble is I cant seem to connect to the internet wirelessly. It appears as if the wireless adapter has not been re installed.

I re loaded with an xp disk not my recovery disk. Could the adapter have been installed but just not activated, if so how can I go about turning it back on?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

right click my computer and select properties then select the hardware tab then click device manager look for network adaptors to see if there is a red x or a question mark if there is a red x then right click it and select enable if there is a question mark then the drivers did not get loaded

right click my computer and select properties then select the hardware tab then click device manager look for network adaptors to see if there is a red x or a question mark if there is a red x then right click it and select enable if there is a question mark then the drivers did not get loaded

Thanks a lot, that pointed me in the right direction. Its all sorted now

glad I could help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.