I recently heard that comcast is limiting bandwidth usage to 250gb/month and other isp's could go as low as 5gb/month. I was looking online for bandwidth usage monitors, to see how much internet bandwidth i was using, but all of them are complicated and not what i was looking for. Is there a simple bandwidth monitor that I can use that'll tell me how much bandwidth i use every day (or month). Better yet, one that can go in my router and see how much bandwidth is used by all pc's combined. Thanks in advance for your help.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

www.bandwidthmonitorpro.com It works as you require but it's a 30 day trial.

If you find one for the entire network, please post it back...

If you want a network wide count of the bandwidth, then this would have to be done at the router. If you monitor a single PC, then you might be missing all the xbox /ps3 downloads, wifi traffic, etc...

DD-WRT is not for the feint of heart, but it provides an excellent bandwidth counter that graphs in/out traffic over time. THat's the type of solution you need to get the answers you are looking to get.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.