Hello,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I didn't know where else to put it. I've just moved a website to a new server. I then set up the same pop3 accounts that were on the old server. I also added a couple of accounts. Now some emails are being received but some are not.

If an email is not received then it will either bounce or just disapear.

If an email is sent to one of the email accounts that was set up before the server migration then it just disappears. If an email is sent by the same person to one of the new accounts then the email is bounced.

It seems that these emails are being sent to the old server, which doesn't exist anymore. Does anyone know where the server might be occuring and how to fix it?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

When you moved to the new server, did you give sufficient time for all dns to resolve before you disabled the old server? It normally takes 24 to 48 hours for dns to resolve. Or better yet, do you still now, after 8 days, experience this problem?

Are your MX records correct? Could be something fluky going on there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.