Hey all,

Hypothetical situation.

As the Network Manager, I am in charge of automating and Networking all libraries in my Municipal District. Now there are ten Library branches and one head office. All branches however, would need to be connected to each other in order to send and receive info. I have decided so far that I would create a Network for each branch Library using a Star Topology.

What WAN topology could I use to network all of 11 Libraries and how would the topology operate.

Much Thanks
.............................................................................................................
I just don't wanna exist, I wanna live to chnage the world.

to get it done properly, you need to have an internet connection in every library, and to have your networking guy set up vpn routers (cisco ASA is the best choice)
set up a vpn between all libraries, and of course set up proper routing between all the vpn'd subnets

some ISPs can provide the vpn functionality on their own level, that costs money, but might be better than your own vpn

topology, in this scenario is a bit of a too basic question, you need to think of an implementation
if you don't know how to set up VPNs, routers, NATs etc - get an IT professional to help you, this is serious stuff.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.