Hi All,

I am a new member of this site , so again hi to all the member of this forum.

My problem is very weird(atleast I think so), My net conec is PPoE and I got wirless router of netgear MR814v2, and my computer is centrino laptop, now the problem is sometimes my wireless works, some time dont, like today my wireless is not working. I had to dial to get connected,problem is I can dial and get connected to net using the wireless after that, I am not reciving packet, so cant open any site or cant do anything but if I use the router with wire then it works perfetlly.But sometime wireless works normally, so I am very puzzled, can someone please help me. I will be really g8ful if someone has any soluation.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

How have you set-up the wireless configuration?

M.

Hi Movielad,

Thanks for reply :), Well to be very frank I didnt set anything, I got bdsu dsl modm that has to dial, so I took one cable from there to my wireless router, and today my router is working, but dont know about tomorow :(

Riddle

When switching from residential to a Business class DLS or Cable connection has anyone experienced signal drops on the business class setup like the residential class connections. My residential class connection drops connectivity at least 3-4 times per day and after numerous tech calls and visits I have just determined that is how the ISP's get you to switch over to their business class product. I wont mind doing this but not if line drops are still there and ony faster response on technical support is offered in replace of the tedious time consuming wait for residential technical support. Any feedback or advice would be appreciated.

Hi All,

I am a new member of this site , so again hi to all the member of this forum.

My problem is very weird(atleast I think so), My net conec is PPoE and I got wirless router of netgear MR814v2, and my computer is centrino laptop, now the problem is sometimes my wireless works, some time dont, like today my wireless is not working. I had to dial to get connected,problem is I can dial and get connected to net using the wireless after that, I am not reciving packet, so cant open any site or cant do anything but if I use the router with wire then it works perfetlly.But sometime wireless works normally, so I am very puzzled, can someone please help me. I will be really g8ful if someone has any soluation.

hi there

it sounds like you might be losing the radio channel that is being used. this can be caused by a wireless/cordless phone or mobile being too close to the router or to the wireless connection on your laptop. try eliminating these first by moving the devices (phones)away from the router.

if this doesnt work then you might need to reset your router by pulling the power plug on it for 15-30seconds. once done this reconnect your routers power and then log into the router itself. most routers you log into by using internet explorer and inputting the routers IP address into the address bar. this should hopefully bring up the router setup options. from here you should check out the wireless option and look at what channel it is set to.

once you have checked the channel there is correct log into the settings for the wireless device connected to the the laptop and ensure this is set up as the same ie if you have set channel 6 as the channel to be used by your router then you need to setup the wireless device as the same channel.

another way that router might be too close to other wireless objects is the actual radio frequency itself. if you can change the frequency by a couple of hertz than try that out. might make all the difference at the end of the day.

hope i have helped you here. for whats worth i have a belkin wireless router and network devices:cool:

hi im new to this been trying to set up my wireless router and still aint getting no where it is a talk talk one i have now read up that it is a philiips sna5630ns/05i did want it set up wired as my son then can go on his laptop through the adapter but not getting anywhere it wont even try to do that u have to set up the adapter first which i try doin it at the bottom of my screen it telling me it connected and in broadband connections but the connected light aint lit up it also wont go on the net it saying internet explorer cant be found help as im pulling my hair out now

Is it only doing this on the laptop? reason i am asking is i had a very similar problem whereby mine was saying acquiring network address and no network connectivity but I was still able to get online etc. it was found to be an IP address conflict.

have u actually set up your router. if not talk talk broadband customer supprt should be able to assist there.

let me know what happens

i connect to my nabours internet and its connects sometimes and works but sometimes it connects and the internt dont workL:(

commented: Illegal. -1

^^^ That's illegal, Daniweb does not accept such comments.

Just a heads up.. It would be because the signal is not strong enough. It would be cutting in and out. Perhaps get your own internet you hoarder.

commented: You are right, mate. Cheers for Aussie! +8

May be signal problem. You changes your router position if then again not works then checked by a professional.

commented: Did you not read the post???... -1

Hey guys what Ace said is true. First it is not legal to post for help. It is illegal if you do not know, know it now. Daniweb does not get involved in such things. Second thing this post date back to 2004, why are you guys reviving a dead thread for no reason. Do not post in a dead thread if you want help in legal activities create a new thread and post. Third, can't you guys spell neighbours properly, i am not referring to all and also not just targetting a few. Connecting to neighbour internet network is considered illegal without his permission

:idea:

:'(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.