Hello friends,
I am a student and i live in my college hostel.I have internet access through wifi. The problem is that we can access internet only after 5:30 pm.I think our server is configured to allow our router to access net after 5:30. But user connected to routers in our college academic blocks can access internet anytime.I have even checked my hostel router.It is not configured to block access before 5:30.
So my question is there any method by which i can have access to internet through my hostel router anytime .Would sppofing my IP such that it resembles to IP of academic blocks work?

IP Configurtaion in Hostel

IPv4 IP Address: 192.168.17.xxx
IPv4 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
IPv4 Default Gateway: 192.168.17.1
IPv4 DNS Server: 192.168.10.5

IP configuration in One of the ACADEMIC BLOCK
IPv4 IP Address: 192.168.3.xxx
IPv4 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
IPv4 Default Gateway: 192.168.3.1
IPv4 DNS Server: 192.168.10.5

Reply awaited

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Most likely not.

If it is configured right then it will check the MAC from the wifi access point you are connected too.

You might want to go over to the other building and get those MAC's and see if you can spoof those instead.

If they are using a RADIUS server then you are going to find it very difficult to achieve your goal.

Why not build a long range antenna? Then access one of the AP's from the other side??

If you wired into to say a "Dish Network" or "Direct TV" sat, you could shoot pretty long range.

Then pick and choose the AP you want.

Before you even attempt to alter anything
read the terms of service,
it would be really pisspoor to be bounced for something as trivial as this,
can you just walk to an active host during the time its needed

First of all, you need to check the rules with your college.

But, spoofing your IP might not work, it would most likely be a router or a switch allowing activity through at a certain time....

Good Luck,

Cohen

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.