Hello All,

I am new to this site and I hope to make some friend as I go along.

Any way I need some advise. Myself and a co-worker just replaced a PDC Server running Windows NT 4.0. That is to say it is still running NT 4.0 NOT Windows 2000. We got it up and running, but one of our offices can't see the new server. I asked one of my friends and he told me that the IP address need to be "broadcasted" so that office can see the server. I am not sure how to do this. Can any one point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Superman :cheesy:

You need to provide us more information about how your network is setup. By offices I presume you mean within the building not remote offices. What exactly do you mean by "can't see the server" can you ping the server by network address? Can you ping the server by name? How did the "new PCD" get installed? By that I mean, did it replace an existing PDC? Was it installed as a BDC while the old PDC was still running and online, then promoted to PDC? What type of name resolution do you use? (Wins)is preferred, lmhosts, none?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.