Hi!

I deleted the Windows Vista OS and then reinstalled Windows XP for my friend since he couldn't get the hang of Vista. However, after downloading XP, in the 'device manager' section of his laptop, under 'other devices', these were the 'devices' that all had the yellow exclamation mark beside them...

CNF7047
COPROCESSOR
EHTERNET CONTROLLER (listed twice)
PCI DEVICE
SM BUS CONTROLLER
UNKNOWN DEVICE
VIDEO CONTROLLER

Now, after running my own 'PC Wizard' software on his HP laptop,
this is what I got as the 'System Summary'...

Manufacturer: Seanix Technology Inc.
Mainboard: Wistron 303C
Chipset: Nvidia GeForce 8200M
Processor: AMD Turion X2 Ultra ZM 42 @ 2100MgHz
Physical Memory: 2048MB
Video Card: Nvidia Corp.
Hard Disk: 160MB
Network Card: Nvidia Corp.
Network Card: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5006

How do I go about 'reinstalling' the drivers for the non-working
devices? My friends' laptop is only a month old, and when he bought it, it didn't come with any 'rescue' disks. I have a week or so
before I see him next, so I need to be able to reinstall the missing drivers as soon as possible. By the way, would NOT having a video controller mess up the way a screen acts? Every time I go into a program, or even just boot up, the screen makes a 'cascading' effect. I already put the screen at the highest 32 Bit resolution, but the cascading effect still happens.

Anyway, I hope that someone out there will be able to help me out
with the driver problems. My friend bought the laptop mainly to get his e-mail and to play games on the computer, so fixing the ethernet and video controllers would be the first thing that I would do. Once I can get online using his laptop, I can fix the sound problem myself. Thanks all!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.