If i use the pc without lan, it works fine no problem at all. But the moment i connect the pc on LAN, it shuts down. Using cross cable i can connect it to another desktop. But not possible to connect to LAN using straight cable.
Tried changing port and cable but no use??

OS - WIn XP

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Is it a pci lan card or is it built in?

Check your antivirus. Remove your antivirus and then connect to lan. I think it will solve your problem

Is it a pci lan card or is it built in?

It is built in lan.

Check your antivirus. Remove your antivirus and then connect to lan. I think it will solve your problem

Formatted the PC, installed only LAN driver, still same problem. The moment I connect lan cable, pc shuts down.

2 things I can think of, either your built in lan is faulty or your PSU isn't up to the task.

Have a look at the label on your PSU and let us know make, model, wattage, and amps on the 12volt rail.

2 things I can think of, either your built in lan is faulty or your PSU isn't up to the task.

Have a look at the label on your PSU and let us know make, model, wattage, and amps on the 12volt rail.

Built in lan is not faulty, coz i can access other PC using cross cable.
Now i've installed another card and it's working fine. And disabled the inbuilt one. But one more thing, If i enable the inbuilt one and plug in the cable in inbuilt lan, same thing happens.

well
Thank you every one for your efforts.

Only thing I can suggest is to have a look on your mob makers site and see if there is a more up to date driver.

Perhaps you've got Wake on LAN with the bits reversed (so it's shutdown on LAN) ;)

Joke aside, check whether such a feature is enabled in the BIOS (or in Windows for that matter).

reinstall ur lan card drivers and are u directly connecting two pc or connecting through an access device like switch or hub.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.