Member Avatar for sakura_fujin

Hi. I'm at wits end. Can't fix my wireless network.
My laptop specs are:
Model: HP Pavilion dv5000 series

I recently reformatted my laptop using HP's PC Recovery tool installed with the notebook. Everything looked fine except that I could not connect to the internet thru my wireless network. I've checked everything. My HP wireless assistant can detect wireless networks at range but my wireless icon on the system tray has a red X mark on it saying it is not connected. I've also checked the devices on Device Manager and everything looks fine. Tried repairing but a pop-up message appears, saying that it cannot finish repairing coz the action connecting to wireless network is not done. I tried connecting thru cable and it works. My network configuration is all set to auto, leaving windows to automatically set everything (TCP/IP, etc)

Here's what is seen after ipconfig/all:

Windows IP Configuration
Host Name: Host name
Primary DNS Suffix:
Node Type: Unknown
IP Routing enabled: No
WINS Proxy Enabled: NO

Ethernet adapter local area connection:
Media State: Media disconnected
Description: Intel<R> PRO/100 VE Network Connection
Physical Address: 00-0F-B0-FD-C7-94

Ethernet adapter wireless network connection:
Media State: Media disconnected
Description: Intel<R> PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
Physical Address: 00-13-02-2D-E9-97

Please Help!!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Well since you have allready reformated the computer now what you need to do is reseat the NIC card & check...:)

Member Avatar for sakura_fujin

sorry to be asking but how do u reseat the NIC card? tried ping-ing, everything looked fine..

Does your wireless card have a switch? Make sure it's on.
Don't try re-seating the Nic on a laptop. It's not necessary.
Can you connect via ethernet? Is the Wireless Zero service running?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.