Hello,

My brother's computer (in another room) is equipped with a cable modem connection. My computer is connected to my brother's computer via a cross cable (a straight cable + jointer + small cross cable so as to change back to straight cable when connecting directly to modem).

ICS is setup on both the computers as required and everything works fine. When my brother is not working on his computer and it is switched off, I cannot connect through the computer's second network card. I have to manually unplug the jointer and the small cross cable and connect the straight cable to the cable modem.

Then, on my computer, I use a MAC address changer so that my network card's address is the same as what my brother's 1st (onboard) network card has. I also have to manually change from the static IP of 192.168.0.2 to "Obtain and IP address automatically".

This way, I am able to connect both ways and with or without the other computer turned on.

Sometimes I have to do this switching thing more than once a day and it is a hassle to change the IP address every time. I had thought of adding another network card to my computer with a static IP and then I only need to switch the cable to the other card. But the other card (old, Winbond) isn't detected in my computer.

I know that netsh is a command that can change IP addresses based on a script, but do not know how to do this. Using the script, I can just double-click the file and the IP would be changed.

Can someone please tell me what I need to add to the script file and what exact netsh commands do I need for the above?

Regards,
Deboo

hello,
this is James Williams please i want to change my IP to USA IP but i dont know how to do it can you please help me on that, this is my Email address (couragef2@yahoo.com )
thanks and GOD bless you

hello,
this is James Williams please i want to change my IP to USA IP but i dont know how to do it can you please help me on that, this is my Email address (couragef2@yahoo.com )
thanks and GOD bless you

Hi James,

Where are you from and why do you need to change to a US IP address? And what are you using? A cable modem connection? If you can give details, may be someone can help.

Regards,
Deboo

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.