Hi,

I finally managed to create a network, through big trail and error and I'm really happy about it, but I'm also very new to networking.

I have 2 computers connected windows 7 and windows xp home sp3, through wireless router linksys wrt54gl.

Everything is working I can see both computers from both computers, but it seems that connection speed is very slow. For example If I want to listen to a mp3 that is on other computer it buffers quite long and gets interrupted quite often. When I tried to copy a 900 MB video file, progress bar told be that it wold take around 3 hours in order to finish copying that file.

Is this normal ?

Shouldn't there be maximum router speed (54 mbit/s) when transferring files within home network, where both pc's are very close and both have good wi-fi signal ?

I am using DSL internet network system. But i did not satisfied with my internet speed. How i can solve this problem. If you have suggestion then tell me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.