There are different levels and different plans and different qualities and costs for each type of hosting plan.

How are you setup?

Small site? Trying to hold down the costs? Maybe you got shared hosting :)

A successful site that requires more resources? Maybe you have managed or dedicated hosting. :)

Oh my, you are the direct competition of google.com and require at least one of your own hardware placed on location in the hosting provider, with sponsors and all. Co-location is your thing :)

Please let us know :)
(I have made the poll Multiple choice, because I understand there are users with more then one setup).

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Managed dedicated hosting on a P4 2.4 ghz with a gig of RAM and a 40 gig IDE hdd.

I host myself, out of my living room :confused:

It's a lot of fun, and I learn more everyday about the server I built.

I'm now to the point where I can host others (at least those I trust) for various things.

Right now, I host a website for a Christian rock band in Oklahoma, I host the BlackClaw DC++ opensource client (BCDC++), and then I host a couple people who just wanted a bit of space to play on that actually had a CLI and no ads.

I'd love to get the box co-located at some point, but $$$ is tight, and that makes co-location an unnecessary luxury.

BC

I use a resellers plan with ~ 100 GB of transfer every month. It suffices for the 10 or so sites that I host on it.

Bink.nu runs on a dedicated box from RuptermHost.

Specs:
Pentium 4 2.66ghz
1gb of RAM
2x40gb HD's (in some type of RAID, not sure though)
100mbit internet connection from a datacenter
250gb Monthly BW (I think.. might be a little less.. might be a little more)

Bink.nu runs on a dedicated box from RuptermHost.

Specs:
Pentium 4 2.66ghz
1gb of RAM
2x40gb HD's (in some type of RAID, not sure though)
100mbit internet connection from a datacenter
250gb Monthly BW (I think.. might be a little less.. might be a little more)

If you have 80GB of space, you're using RAID-0. If you only have 40GB, you're using RAID-1.

BC

40gb available :-)

So that means that the content is mirrored :)

how would I go about setting up my own server?

So that means that the content is mirrored :)

Sherlock

It's kinda wierd but my friend hosts it for me, lol, for free.

i have managed hosting

I have shared, but i hope to get Dedicated soon.

Dedicated 2.8 Ghz P4 with 512mb RAM. Server is running Windows Server 2003 Standard.

I'm planning to get a secondary server to use as a dedicated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 machine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.