Hello Friends

I have Verzion FiOS and want to extend the usage area. What I mean.. The Verizon supplied router allows four RJE 45 hookups and is also wireless, is in one part of the house. I want to add another wireless router that will get its linkup from the Verizon router and also allow me to use rje 45 network cables to connect to other devices-- [phones and computers].

For example, I have a non-wireless skype phone that I want to use anywhere in the house without laying network cable. I am hoping I can extend the Verizon router using the wireless feature and then hook up the skype phone with a cable to a new linked router.

Does this make sense?

Thanks

. I want to add another wireless router that will get its linkup from the Verizon router and also allow me to use rje 45 network cables to connect to other devices-- [phones and computers].

Does this make sense?

Thanks

yeah it makes sense but i don't thinks it possible for a wireless router to pick up a wireless signal. you can use most Wireless router as an access point,and run wireless devices from them ,but they have to be wired from the first wireless router .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.