Hello, i am 15 years old and know quite a lot about navigating windows xp. i am unfortunately having a network permissions problem in xp home. when i try to access the computer that i am having problems with, it says that i have not been given the requested login type at the client computer. i have tried all that i know and nothing will work. someone please help. Note: i am running Home NOT Pro.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

... when i try to access the computer that i am having problems with, it says that i have not been given the requested login type at the client computer.

Can you give us the exact message please?

i have tried all that i know

In order to avoid having us suggest things you've already tried, please tell us exactly what you have done already.

Go to "Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Local Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment", then double-click on "Access this computer from the network" and add the user(s) you want to give access to this computer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.