G'day all,

Its been a while since i've posted here - my question today is about getting the bandwidth (specifically when its accessing the internet) of a machine that is connected to my LAN. I know this can be easily achieved if I had client side software, however this isn't an option.

Also, the router that they are connected to doesn't have logging or SMP/Communities (like a Cisco router for instance) therefore I won't be able to get this information from the router.

Any insight on the theory of this would be fantastic, but practical knowledge would be great as well.

Thanks all,

HC

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

OH! That is best site.This site my very choice.I think that your post is good in terms of topic. By the way, if you have time please check Website Design Services.

That's got nothing to do with my topic.

Hi there,

You question is a bit ambiguous, but if what you mean is a way to monitor your internet bandwidth consumption while connecting to a LAN without installing a client side application, then I think you may use some of the internet based WAN bandwidth monitoring tools, such as www.speedtest.com or just visit this link for a list of Internet Speed Test Services: http://compnetworking.about.com/od/speedtests/tp/Internet-download-speed-tests.htm?r=et

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.