hi
i m using win xp on my laptop it is assigned the ip addreded from DHCP which is running on server and i m able to acess the internet from that machine but if i try to ping some computer or some server from internet it doesnot responds. and it seems like my laptop is having some problem as its not accessing any computer on local network. but when i try same thing on any other computer it works fine so any any one help me in finding the problem and resolving it.
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

jindalarpan,

Try running the XP network wizard. I had a similar problem with my network and this solved the issue every time.

J_

jindalarpan,

Try running the XP network wizard. I had a similar problem with my network and this solved the issue every time.

J_

hi
can u tell me in detail about which wizard u are talking about as i m using win xp home so where would i find that one

Start menu -- All programs -- Accessories -- Communications -- Network setup wizard... I'm using winXP pro .. not sure if it is the same path for home edition.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.